Saturday, January 12, 2008

lazy day

Today is Saturday, my usual day for large and exciting happenings (AKA: a trip to Portland or dinner out with friends), but as Dominic's cold lingers we're stuck at home ... DOING NOTHING. Well, not exactly nothing. I did sleep in which was wonderful and relaxing. When Dominic got up to relocate to the couch I asked what time it was and he said, "Oh, it doesn't matter just go back to sleep Sleeping Beauty." Of course, I quickly obliged. When I finally got up round abouts 11:30 we snuggled and played Madden (at least he did). By this time we were hungry for brunch. Being the sick one, Dominic picked what to have. Burger King. YUCK! But, he said that was all that would make him feel better so off I went in my borrowed rain boots and sweats to Burger King for a Whopper. When he ate his pricelss Whopper and I balanced the budget while snacking on my Value Menu onion rings. By this time Dominic was getting tired of me wanting to go out so I was banished to the office to finish my homework, a case on Nike and their involvement with sweatshops. Always an enlightening topic fo a Saturday. I had really wanted to go apartment hunting (Currently we are tired of where we are living. It was a quick move right before the wedding and we didn't really know the area. We have decided to wait on buying a house and want to find a more permanent apartment, something with a few more amenities ... like two parking spots.) and try out this new restaurant that I found out about through our Entertainment book. I would say that I would be lucky if we made it there for dinner, but I am pretty sure that Dominic is glued to the couch. Plus, Kansas is playing at 6 pm which means we are definitely not going anywhere. So, to fill the rest of the day (and decrease my chances of boredom) I plan to do the following: -Read a few more chapters inthe fun book (The Other Boleyn Girl) that I am forcing myself to finish no matter how much homework I have -Resurrect my Journal of Inspiration from college -Make french bread pepperoni pizza for the hubby and I for dinner -Start my reading for my next Masters class, Leading Transformational Change -I would like to work on a puzzle or something, but in our effort to remove clutter from our lives we discarded all of our puzzles ... SNAP! -Check out Dave Ramsey's Community Forum (We just joined the online community, "My Total Money Makeover" as a part of Financial Freedom budgetting plan) -Begin and complete a few loads of laundry -Do some eBay shopping for potential Valentine's Day presents Of course, in addition to this I need to keep hunting for a job. I think this week I am going to interview with a placement agency, one of my friends from my cohort went through one and was quite pleased. It is at least worth a try. I think I am going to try and set it up for next Friday. There, a goal for this coming week. Pray Dominic feels better so he can be fun and alive again!

No comments: