Tuesday, February 26, 2008

How to start a prayer request of this nature I don't quite know. We have an acquitance named Kelly in Olympia through a variety of connections (she works at my orthodontist, her son goes to the pre-school that my mom teaches at, and her mom went to Olympia High School with my dad). Today her 18 month old daughter Emma choked to death during her nap. I just get this deep, sinking feeling of hopelessness. How do you find God in situations like this? How is this good? I can't imagine Kelly and her family coping with this tragedy tonight. Please pray for them. Pray that somehow in the midst of this God is their source of strength and hope. Hope that they will have brighter tomorrows; knowing that tonight Emma is cradled in heaven's arms. Accidents make me wonder about God's plan. I obviously don't understand and can't comprehend them. Which leaves me to rest in knowing that God is omniscient, therefore I don't need to worry or question. Just know that He is God and I am not and that makes things ok. A final note from Hillary Stanton Zunin: The risk of love is loss, and the price of loss is grief - But the pain of grief Is only a shadow When compared with the pain Of never risking love

3 comments:

..melissa.. said...

How tragic Gretchen...I will be praying for their family.

Doesn't it make your wonder is situations like this if God just blinks or looks away for too long? Makes my heart break...

Stephanie Ann said...

Wow, having an 18 month old currently, makes my heart ache more than I think it would. You never imagine things like this happening. You think that they are safe in whatever they do, but really, nobody is ever safe...and we have no control over a situation like this. I'm not sure where God was during this...but I know He'll be there for the family...they are in my prayers.

Stephanie Ann said...

So, I know her...my mom worked with her...we are sending some flowers...