Monday, February 04, 2008

thrifty is my middle name

If I haven't mentioned it yet, Dominic and I are on a budget. It pretty much runs our lives. For example, Saturday brought us a budget meeting with printed agenda that lasted a full 2 1/2 hours! Which brings me to my latest adventure ... I like to shop. No question about that, but being on a budget brings about a new mentality of your everyday shopping. Take Plato's Closet, a second-hand retailer, for example. They had a super sale this weekend which is right up my alley! Everything you can fit in a bag for $15. I repoeat "EVERYTHING YOU CAN FIT IN A BAG FOR JUST $15!!!" I enlisted my shopping diva friend Miss Denise Tuesta for the shopping mission. We met up at 9 am in front of Plato's with Starbuck's in hand (mind you, they didn't open until 10 am, but we weren't about to let some teeny bopper girl beat us at the best options). We grooved to some good music and sipped/nibbled on our Starbuck's treats. Delicious. Then the moment of truth arrived. We rushed the clearance rack and begin shuffling through the potential treasures. In the end I scored the following for myself and my two sisters: Urban Outfitters cardigan, heather grey long-sleeved t, vintage-ish camel colored sweater, khaki skirt (perfect for work/showing off my fabulous tights and boots combo), 4 tops for Katie and Hannah and 1 belt. I saved $84! $84!!! All that for the grand total of $15 (and no tax because Plato's is in Clackamas). What a deal. Denise also found some treasures ... we should do a little fashion show and post some pictures. Moral of the story: You might be on a budget, but that doesn't mean you have to be a frump. You just have to search for the right opportunity to score (AKA: $15 Bag Sale at Plato's Closet).

1 comment:

miss tuesta said...

ohh gretchie!!! i heart you and your thrifty ways... you inspire me!!! :) everytime i go shopping and i see a sale i think to myself "what would gretchen do?"