Thursday, March 20, 2008
HONEY LATTE AND TEAMWORK
Sip. Yawn. Sip. Type. Yawn. Glance up. Type. Type.
It is Thursday night, my first night in class since beginning my full-time job. I arrived here at 9 am this morning and it is now ten to eight. I am spent. I still have to give a presentation on Champion International too. Oh, High-Performance Teams (my current MOL course).
Reina, Ron, and I just got back from our weekly run to Starbucks. A couple weeks ago I tried out the new Starbucks cup o' joe: the honey latte. It was fine, nothing spectacular. I liked it ... I think. Tonight I tried it again, just to affirm that it can actually join my rotation of non-holiday beverages. (Pretty much every January - September I struggle to commit to a decent Starbucks drink ... I <3 pumpkin spice and eggnog. Why these can't be on the menu year round I don't quite know. But, since they aren't I am in distrss for 9 months out of the year!) Currently I have caramel apple cider, soy sugar-free cinnamon dolce, passion tea lemonade and nonfat peppermint, on my list of regulars.
So, back to testing the honey latte. I thought that honey might be able to join the rotation, but after tonight that is a big negative! I just wasted away $3.80 on a crap drink to sip on during the last two hours of class! No way, Jose!!! I don't like it at all; it is flat and boring and leaves a weird taste in your mouth. Definitely not that sweet, natural honey taste that it should have. This honey latte obviously came out of a bottle.
At least I have a half day tomorrow ... too bad Dominic is uber-consumed with March Madness or I might get lucky with a dinner date (pretty much my favorite thing to do on the weekends). At least Kansas won 81-66 today, that'll put him in a cheery mood which might equate to take-out or delivery.
Always hopeful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sad..I really wanted to try the honey latte. hmm...doubt I will though. All of the drinks you listed are my favs, as well as the vanilla latte, so sounds like we have similar taste. Well, they had the possibility of making a great drink..
Post a Comment