Wednesday, March 12, 2008
OLD BLOG, STILL MAKES SENSE
Alice in Wonderland seems to be one of those children's stories that becomes more applicable to life the older you get. For instance:
"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?" Right now this seems like a very good premise to my life story.
Alice: "It would be so nice if something made sense for a change." Yes, Alice, it would.
Doorknob: "Read the directions and directly you will be directed in the right direction." Directions like this drive me crazy ... and yes, they do exist, people have given them to me lately, like somehow they believe that the practically impossible is obvious, maybe to them, not me.
"I relieve and release your hurt that you may be set free. "
This reminds me of forgiveness.
"The Queen turned crimson with fury, and, after glaring at her for a moment like a wild beast, screamed `Off with her head! Off--"
I have met a few Queens in my life!
"But then,' thought Alice. 'shall I never get any older than I am now? That'll be a comfort, one way--never to be an old woman--but then--always to have lessons to learn!"
Such a balance, if only.
"I quite agree with you,' said the Duchess; `and the moral of that is--Be what you would seem to be--or if you'd like it put more simply--Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
In essence, be yourself.
I just like Alice in Wonderland, in all its nonsense, it makes sense.
Wayne Kirkpatrick said, "She paints her world in yellow anf green, covering over the gray. 'Cause life's demands are hard to understand, so Alice stays lost in her Wonderland."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
HEY! Can we get an update on your new job??? That would be a great topic for a blog...
I agree :)
Post a Comment