Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Little Things

My friend Reina and I often read a blog website called "Radiant". Its got hearty, good devotions. Totally relavant to us 21st century twenty-somethings. Today I read the following and it really hit home ... hence it's re-post on my blog: “Good things come in small packages,” they say. All it takes is a little gesture from someone when you’re having a bad day to make you feel better. A little goes a long way. So although I mostly loved what was big, I could appreciate what was small—sort of.The Lord has been dealing with this concept of “little things” in me lately. I didn’t realize that the philosophy I had adopted about “bigger being better” was affecting my own view of my life and what God was—or wasn’t—doing in it. I’m a girl with big dreams. And when you plan big, little just doesn’t cut it. It feels insignificant. And yet for all my big dreams, my life has felt very little as of late. I’m not seeing fruit in some of the areas I’d like. And it has been a sustained season of baby steps, small movement and little fulfillment of what is in my heart.We tend to throw away what is little, to pass it by without even a thought. But the Lord has stopped me—not with a huge wall, but with a small one. And He has asked me to consider the importance of little things.

No comments: