Teacher
My mom teaches kindergarten and although I never see myself battle twenty + "squirrel nuts" (as she calls them) on a daily basis I can imagine myself in a high school setting. This is appealing fora few key reasons:
1) Kids need good influences - perhaps I could be one
2) Instant community - a family of teacher friends
3) Hours - who doesn't like to be off work around 3 pm?
4) Flexibility - this could be one of the biggest perks as growing up having my mom teach it was perfect when she had all the same holidays/breaks as us
5) Opportunity - my current work could possibly fund an MAT ...
Out of all my options, this one might be the most realistic. I am considering taking the CBEST (a licensure exam) to slowly but surely explore this option.
Shop Owner
A bit more unrealistic, but potentially probably (I do have 40+ years left to work). I subsribe to many magazine (too many for my own good) and I can totally see myself being a buyer for my own little chic shop in a downtown setting. I am pretty sure I would specialize in jewelry, the unique, funky kind. I would sell things like this:



Trainer



TrainerNot of animals, but of people. I have been through a number of different personlity training seminars where you do the DISC profile or Meyers-Briggs and learn about why you are the way you are and how by understanding this you can better interact with others. I think I would like to be the presenter person.
Yoga Instructor
I do not currently do yoga. I have actually only ever been to one class. Back at WPC my friend Denise and I decided yoga would be the key to starting our days off well. We arrived at 24 Hour Fitness where we had a joint membership and entered into the "yoga oasis". It was dark and we were the youngest ones there. We grabbed our mats and found a spot to lay down and "center ourselves". No one else had come with a friend. After the first 30 minutes we were impressed - YOGA WAS RELAXING! Even though we didn't quite look like the flexible yoga masters around us we were enjoying ourselves. At the end of our session we got to lay down and rest ... the instructor came by mean and started pushing my shoulders and rocking my head back and forth telling me to relax in a whispery voice. "I was relaxing, I was practically asleep!" Apparently I had some work to do on the whole relaxing part of yoga.
So, the reason why I see this as a viable job:
1) Yoga would earn me a free membership at a gym
2) I really want to teach dance classes like salsa aerobics or ballet, but can't because I don't have rhythm, although I am sure becoming a yoga master is hard too, I think I could at least give it a try

1 comment:
The earrings remind me of Brass Razoo... I haven't looked at your blog in so long, why have I not looked to this source of wisdom?
Post a Comment