Wednesday, February 06, 2008

becoming cultured


A few weeks ago I bought myself a wine glass. Just one. We got a set for the wedding but in an apartment that has no space to store a dozen wine glasses for a dinner party that will probably never happen (at least while we're living at this address) I decided to just return them. Here is the story of why I bought my wine glass:
When I was 16 or so my family and I took a vacation to Missouri to visit some family friends. They used to be a military family and spent a number of years in Germany where they discovered raspberry lamic. After coming back to the states they found their beloved raspberry lamic here as well. On our visit I fell in love with this Beligium beer that is sold in a wine bottle (random I know). Don't worry, although I was 16 I was under the supervision of my parents and had just a few sips. But seriously, raspberry flavored beer? What 16 wouldn't love it?
Fast forward 5 years and I'm 21 and have dreamt of the delicious raspberry lamic ever since our first meeting in Independence, Missouri. Now that I am of age I can buy my own raspberry lamic. YEAH! My mom found it at Cost Plus World Market for only $8 and bought me a bottle for Christmas. This gift sparked my search for my very own wine glass since I foolishly returned my wedding wine glasses and couldn't possibly drink my fave beverage out of a plain old glass. "Where do you find just one wine glass?" you ask. "Goodwill, of course!" So, for a mere 99 cents I adopted my little wine glass. So, I urge you, adopt a wine glass for yourself and I promise you and your wine will share many a lovely night together.
Cheers.

No comments: