Saturday, March 29, 2008

HEAVEN EVERY SEVEN

Today was productive in a nonconventional way. We woke up and lounged in bed ... Dominic read while I drifted in and out of sleep. Ah ... Saturdays are my best friend! We watched the finale of Celebrity Apprentice in great suspense (that Piers didn't deserve it, Trace has a heart of gold and deserved to win). Rather than efficiently get ready I chose to multi-task and take a bath and read. This week I decided that as a part of my de-stress regmine I wanted to start leisure reading again. TEXTBOOKS (no matter how interesting) DO NOT COUNT. So round abouts Tuesday I got really into my book, The Last Voyage of the Valentina, an Italian murder mystery romance ... just my style. Read and read and read, then I got ready and went out to run some errands. Ran to the post office, which was closed ... that's ok, I will go to the other post office (Nothing can ruin my Saturday)! Mailed two books I sold on Amazon and bought some new stamps ... pretty ones supporting literacy with Majorie Kimmel. Then to Joann's. Shopped around while visiting with Mallory and got some stuff for Mom and Dad's anniversary.
Dominic was fully invested in the Elite Eight games when I got home so I grabbed my book and magazines and made my exit for the afternoon. Mon Ami welcomed me with her normal sweet smell of crepes and coffee. I grabbed a latte and snuggled into the 1970's green, plush couch, peace. I stayed and finished my book, I NEED more Saturdays like this!

Once home I wrote some e-mails, did the dishes, cleaned up my closet, and putzed around the apartment. Then I got to work on Mom and Dad's anniversary stuff ... made invitations and a little welcome thing for next Sunday's reception after church. We're getting a cake and daffodils and have some cute pictures to put up ... it will be sweet and lovely. Hannah is working on a menu for our afternoon luncheon. We're going to make lemon cupcakes like the little shop Hello Cupcake for dessert. Hopefully they'll get that, man oh man, 25 years is something to celebrate!


By 8 pm Dominic and I were starving ... and as the fortunate DINKs (dual income, no kids) we are chose to get take-out. Thanks Panda Express for being right around the corner! Now we're watching Biggest Loser and I'm recapping the day via blog.

Like I said, a productive, unconventional Saturday.

I've been wondering who ever decided that we should work 5 days and weekend only 2? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

No comments: