Thursday, March 06, 2008
I've got this best friend ...
She is pretty much amazing. We've been besties since the 3rd grade. Now she lives in Idaho (which is D-U-M-B, DUMB!) and I am stuck her in Vancouver. But, thanks to myspace, facebook, e-mail, phone calls, letters, packages, and far too few visits we manage to keep in touch. Over the course of the morning we've been facebooking. This is what our conversations often look like:
Mal: "I wanna quit school and just start working. Is this possible?"
Gretchen: "Darling, darling, darling ... everything is fine, indulge in the moment. Buy yourself a coffee treat! That always makes everything better."
Mallory: "Things to do: Turn in my advanced standing to Bus Dept., read history book and take notes on like 8 chapters, prepare for comm exam monday, do accounting homework, look over econ."
Gretchen: "I just pumped out a 10 page paper on General Electric in an hour and a half! A-freakin'-MAZING. It's actually only 8, there is a title page and reference page, but that's still alot. I'm impressed with myself. Plus there are like 6 sources."
Mallory: "I miss home."
Gretchen: "I miss home too. I had a dream about Olympia last night. It was so wonderful and peaceful and lovely. I want to go back. I haven't been since Christmas AND it's MARCH!!!"
Mallory: "Devin wants to get into a house soon."
Gretchen: "On the house thing. I WANT A HOUSE NOW! I'm to the point of not caring about the apt. at all. If it's messy, whatever, if it is dirty, whatever ... I'll clean and organize when I have a house. (I actually picked up alot yesterday, but it feels like once something is done it just gets dirty again, like the floors and laundry and dishes and the bed and clothes EVERYWHERE and cords from computers and mail and yadda yadda yadda)."
Mallory: "This is my life!"
Gretchen: "You crack me up ... I wish we could go to Target together with $1,000,000 to redecorate. And a maid. That would be cake."
The moral of the story is: facebook keeps us sane. We vent, we laugh, we stalk, we cry, we hope and dream. We're besties that live too many miles apart and frequent conversations like the one above of miscellaneous, mundane happenings of our lives keep us somewhat cemented in reality ... at least until we can plan our Great Escape where we run away to Europe and sip espresso and eat pastries in cafes all day because we don't work and have sparkling clean homes (which we've been planning since 3rd grade).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Welcome to my world with Darah!! We chat on MSN almost everyday about everything but it is sooooo not the same as in person! Sometimes being an adult sucks!
Post a Comment