Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The end

Tomorrow marks my 3rd class in my 3rd to last Masters course. That leaves 17, 4 hour classes. One week of this course, "Coaching, Mentoring, and Conflict Resolution" I will be gone in Phoenix on a business trip ... that leaves 16 classes. One week during my next course I will be absent for Aaron and Tishra's wedding. That puts me at 15 classes. My final course ... the pending thesis, is structed a bit differently. I only attend class the first and last night of the 7 week course. That brings me to 10 classes left!!! I can hardly believe it. Yes, I will admit that I feel a bit overwhelmed. I have A LOT to do - just this week a 15 page literature review. I won't go into the details, but it is extensive. TONS OF RESEARCH. Unfortunately, it doesn't help that time does not seem to be on my side. Long days at work rarely equal productive evenings. Although, I have been quite effective in getting my reading done. My point ia (or at least what I am trying to convince myself of) that the end is near. My end in the structured school system is coming to an end and I can't wait. Im so excited to have my life back and start putting into practice everything I have poured my life and soul into. I am so motivated to start working in the nonprofit field ... I feel like I can really make a difference now that I have put all of the legwork into my degrees. I have just started working with a homeschool ministry doing some development work. We're currently gearing up for their annual fundraiser and yes, this adds alot to my plate - BUT I LOVE IT!!! That's the end of my story tonight. I have an early morning meeting tomorrow and class until late so ... one more day, just one day at a time and before I know it life slow down to a reasonable pace ... maybe ;0)

1 comment:

..melissa.. said...

The light is at the end of the tunnel! YAY!