Monday, June 02, 2008
Just another maniac monday ...
Sing along now ... "Six o'clock already, I was just in the middle of a dream ...".
Today was quite a day to kick off day 8 of my work week. Busy, crazy, full, motivating and tiring at the same time. I worked Saturday and Sunday night at the restaurant. I half dread, hald look forward to my shifts. I keep thinking that I'm going to quite, and then I justify, no ... I do this for my couch. Yes, a couch is motivating me. I don't actually think that the money I earn is going to buy a couch, but having a visual keeps me motivated. This money actually contributes to things like saving for our down payment, paying my red light ticket etc. etc.
As of yesterday I officially have benefits. This is quite the step up in life. I am aware that this is not something that everyone has and I am extremely blessed to have a such a great job.
Dominic was at basketball reffing camp all this weekend and is now at softball. He's such a hunk. What can I say, a good portion of our lives revolves around sports.
Oh, the GREAT NEWS! We're going to Cancun the first part of September!!! YEAH!!! Jared and Dominic took Danielle and I out for drinks the other night and surprised us. I knew they'd been talking about it, but they had pretty much blown off the idea thinking that we needed to save up some more ... but they tricked me. CANCUN HERE WE COME!!!
Being so close to finishing school I have started brainstorming my next step/project ... I have considered each of these things... all in the last week:
A Masters in Teaching (after taking a break)
Starting a boutique (right now I like the name "White Lilac" and can already envision my little sign on a downtown corner)
Having a baby (this is really far off, but within the 5 year goal or so. These are my top names in no particular order: Gemma, Edie, Liam, Bodie, Mia, and Belle)
Becoming a producer for a talk show (I watched the behind the scenes for "The View" which birthed this idea)
Joining Weight Watchers (of all these things this should be my highest priority, I just really need to get back to the pre-college weight - darn that cafeteria; nothing like free, all you can eat food to put on 10-15 pounds)
Building a house (this is quasi in the works ... we're searching for property, but let me tell you it's not as easy as say, buying a new shirt)
I am open to ideas ... let me know if any of you have contributions. And no, anything like "a break" or "nothing" does not constitute an idea. I'm the kinda girl who always has a project in the works.
For all those bargain shoppers out there Costco now has spaghetti strap camis in a variety of colors 2/$12 ... which is a steal. Plus, they are the great long layering ones. It made my day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment