Tuesday, September 09, 2008

It's that time of year

It sounds ridiculous, but my seasons are marked by one significant thing: Starbuck's Pumpkin Spice Lattes. When they release a new drink the season is then allowed to change. This weekend I had my first Pumpkin Spice Latte - AUTUMN IS HERE!

I love this time of year for the following reasons:

1. Ever since beginning school I have loved back to school season because it meant new clothes. With the change in weather I was always able to negotiate with my mom how much I needed something new whether it be longer pants, shoes, or the new "in" thing ... like when I begged for those chunky Doc Martens :)

2. MY BIRTHDAY! Yes, October 5th is right around the corner. I have realized I over exaggerate the specialness of this holiday and probably shouldn't because I have been let down ... but still, birthdays are so special and I love looking back and reminiscing on all I have done in the last year.

3. The weather is crisp, the rain is refreshing, and harvest is near. It's so fun to carve pumpkins, pick dahlias, and race through the corn maze. Since moving to Portland I haven't experienced all of these things but this year I am committed to making the trip to Sauvie's Island for the adventure.

4. Of course, pumpkin spice lattes are the icing on the cake. Going to Starbucks with a good book as it rains outside and I am all warm and cozy inside ... that is my heaven.

Today I have exactly 3 weeks until my thesis is due. That is the not so great part of fall. Three weeks of stress and life will calm down. I can't wait. Dominic is starting classes again, he's faithfully plugging away, keep him in your prayers as he has horrible senioritis. I'm doing my best to be "the supportive wife" like delivering ice cream to the office and editing his papers.

I'm also working very closely with a fledging nonprofit called First Class Homeschool Ministries, but that's another blog. We're gearing up for the annual benefit dinner in late October and my oh my do I have alot to do between now and then!

No comments: