Thursday, December 11, 2008

a real christmas

Speaking of the real Christmas, Advent Conspiracy has got an awesome thing going on. There purpose is to encourage Christians to worship fully, spend less, give more, and love all. One way AC is faciliating this mission is through Living Water International. "Drilling a fresh water well is a relatively inexpensive, yet permanent solution to [the dirty water] epidemic. $10 will give a child clean water for life. That's not an estimate. It's a fact. And here's another fact: Solving this water problem once and for all will cost about $10 billion. Not bad considering Americans spent $450 billion on Christmas last year. Our hope is that, by celebrating Christ in a new way at Christmas, the church can serve as the leading movement behind ending the water crisis once and for all. "
$450 billion on Christmas! ARE YOU KIDDING? Let's solve the water problem this year ... add Living Water International to your shopping list. Even better, let's sacrifice a bit. Dominic really doesn't need a new XBOX game and I don't need a new pair of shoes, but there are families around the world who do need clean water. That's a gift worth giving.

3 comments:

handfull of johnsons said...

Preach it, girlfriend!!!

Aaron and Jenny said...

I love that you posted this. And I love your post right before this one! You're thinking about all of the same things I am these days!

Mallory said...

This is really cool! I'm glad you found it!